Wearing makeup can be difficult during the menopause as hot sweats can cause makeup to come off.
But there are a few tips and tricks that can help keep your makeup on.
- First, start with sweat-proof or oil free moisturiser, to keep your skin healthy and hydrated through the day (note: sweat is not hydrating).
- Always use primer for both you face and eye makeup, since it’ll hold on to your makeup for longer. Plus, primer can fill in and smooth out wrinkles.
- If you wear foundation, stick with long-wear liquid foundation instead of powder foundation (which doesn’t mix well with sweat). If hot flushes are causing redness, avoid blush.
- For eye makeup, use waterproof products, like waterproof mascara and smudge-free waterproof eyeliner, and avoid your lower lid, which tends to be the first thing to smudge down.
- Finally, opt for lipstain instead of lipstick since it’ll last longer and won’t smudge off with the heat.
SIGN UP TO MEG’S NEWSLETTER
Stay up-to-date and sign up for Meg’s weekly newsletter packed full of tips and delivered with love to your inbox.